2021/22 has seen multiple rounds of industrial action over pension disputes, pay and working conditions.
Your SU Officer team have continued to speak to senior staff members at the University about the strikes and are committed to mitigating the impact on the educational experience of taught students, as well as supporting our staff who are striking.
During the strikes Bristol SU and your officer team have:
- Promoted teach-outs and UCU rallies
- co-signed a letter alongside other Russell Group Students’ Unions lobbying for UUK (Universities UK) & UCEA (Universities and Colleges Employers Association) to enter formal negotiations with the UCU (University and College Union) and make meaningful progress that will see a long lasting solution to the industrial disputes that have severely impacted the experience of students for many years.
- Joined the NUS New Vision for Education Campaign for a student strike to demand education that is fully funded, accessible, democratised and lifelong. We supported 25 students to attend the demo in London.
- Spoken at a UCU rally on anti-marketisation
- Supported the student occupiers of the Wills Memorial Building by facilitating conversations and meetings with UCU and University senior management