Following an increase in reporting of drink spiking incidents nationally, the SU Officer team started work to make a Bristol night out safer for everyone.
Along with many of our student groups, they supported the ‘Girls Night In Bristol’ boycott of Bristol clubs on Wednesday 27 October.
Some of the actions they’ve continued to take are:
- Met with Girls Night In to see how the SU can work with grassroots efforts to keep people safe in the spates of spikings occurring in the city.
- Met with other Russell Group SU Officers to discuss our response to drink spiking
- Set up a meeting with the Council to discuss drink spiking and changing venues licensing laws
- Started working on improving the University and SU’s information and support for those who have been victims of sexual violence or spiking
- Had confirmation that staff in University bars have had training in and are making use of the Ask Angela scheme