In early October The Courtrooms halls entered self isolation, quickly followed by a number of other halls.
– When a student goes into lockdown, they are signposted to an online form where they can pass on their dietary requirements. They are also linked up with the Multifaith Chaplaincy if required, who are able to help provide kosher boxes.
– For catered students, food is cooked and then delivered while still hot. Catered students should receive a daily hot meal, lunch bag and ambient breakfast, as well as a hot breakfast delivered 3 times a week.
– Money from the Covid Hardship Fund has been moved into general hardship fund for students and there is a specific hardship fund for students needing IT equipment.
– Students can have their laundry done and their post delivered.
– Every student in halls lockdown who is not self-isolating is allowed outside at a set time of the day in their halls communal area. Testing sites will not prevent students from having an outside space to exercise in.
The Bristol SU events team and Resilife have been working to create safe and fun events for students in halls, including virtual movie nights.